Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Too much stuff to do

I try hard to live simple. I want to use my time for sewing, but things do get in the way. After work I had to get a prescription. When I got home I needed to check on the chipmunk traps; I had trapped two and I needed to deal with those and set the traps back up. While I was outside, I decided to go ahead and water the flower seedlings and the cora bell bed. I needed to cook something for lunches so it was another hour of cooking and doing dishes. It was now 6:30 and I headed to the fabric storage room to gather up fabric with skulls on them to take to work. A lady at work asked me to make a boxy pouch for her SIL out of the guitar skull fabric for her June 1st birthday. I didn't have any more of that fabric so I brought some of my stash of skull fabric for her to pick from.
Another lady walked by my cubical and saw the fabric. She stopped to look and she thought placemats out of this fabric would be cute for her son who is in the medical field. One more thing to add to the to do list! LOL!!
So no quilting happened on the Harley quilt last night. Tonight I need to mow the front yard.  I hope to at least get a little quilting in tonight. I have been stitching on the Blackbird sampler before work and at lunchtime. I have made more good progress on it. Here is where I was yesterday and where I am now.
I am going to have a friend over on Saturday and we are going to work on sewing together a t-shirt quilt top. That means I need to do some cleaning and straightening up around here! Too much stuff to do! LOL!!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a good assortment of scull fabric to choose from.
There is always more to do than we have time for and that is what keeps us moving so we don't change into couch potatoes.

Kaja said...

You have a lot of skull fabric! Like you, I try to keep plenty of time for sewing but sometimes feel like I blink and another day has flown past.