Friday, October 29, 2021
I got home from work early because I had a doctor's appointment and by the time I got out of there it didn't make sense to drive all the way back to work. That gave me more time to get some stuff done so here is what I did: 1. Mixed up a double batch of cutout cookie dough for cookies to take to work 2. While the dough was chilling, I mowed the front and side yard. 3. Baked the cookies - orange and white pumpkins with sprinkles!
Thursday, October 28, 2021
I buckled down last night and made some progress on the t-shirt quilt. I am now 90 percent done with the quilting. It took almost two hours to quilt the white shirt with tracing around all those letters! I have outlined the areas that still need quilted.
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
I only got a little bit more done on the t-shirt quilt. I had to wind a bobbin then quilt the motif on this shirt first before I can stitch the background and around the letters.
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
It is time to decide what I am going to use for the binding. I dug thru my stash and came up with two choices - red and olive putty. I am leaning toward the olive putty color because I think it would tie in the camo sashing and it looks fine with the backing. All opinions are welcome! I thought about navy, but I don't have any navy fabric and I am not buying any. Gray was another option, but if I am going with a darker color I figure the olive putty color would be a better choice.
Monday, October 25, 2021
I am now 83% done with quilting the red t-shirt quilt. I have circled the areas that still need quilted in gold. My goal was to have this done by the end of the month and I think I will meet that goal.
Friday, October 22, 2021
My company came last night and it was wonderful to see these friends after such a long time. It had been since around Christmas 2019 since I had seen Kris. Her and her significate other, R, brought me projects. R likes to shoot in competitions with vintage military weapons - WWI type guns. He had loads of t-shirts and wants me to make a king sized quilt with them. There are around 45 shirts and this is going to be a fun project. No deadline which is nice in one way and dangerous for me in another, meaning it would be an easy thing to let it drag on when other things come up. I am going to try not to let that happen!
Thursday, October 21, 2021
I only got a little bit of quilting done last night on the red t-shirt quilt. I managed to run thru just one bobbin of thread because I had to spend most of my evening cleaning house. I am having company tonight so there were dishes that needed done. I also ran the steam mop over the kitchen floor and vacuumed a bit. Here is what I did get done; not quite half this shirt.
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
I am now 45% done with quilting the red baseball quilt. I plan on quilting the rest of the red t-shirts then the shirts in the corners. The area circled in gold is what is quilted.
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
No quilting yesterday, but I was plenty busy! I was digging up plants that will be going to Wanda and my neighbor arrived home. We talked a bit and he was going to mow his grass. I was looking at mine and it definitely needed a haircut too so instead of quilting I mowed and trimmed the front and side yard. After that it was a load of laundry and making another batch of black bean soup. I dried the cross stitch fabric I had dyed. It turned out good except the upper left was suppose to be more blue. It is still useable. I can always dye more and try again! Dyeing this Lugana/Monaco fabric closed up the spaces between the threads so it will be interesting to see how this fabric now stitches.
Monday, October 18, 2021
First I will start out with the t-shirt quilt. I have it 36% quilted. In this picture I circled the area quilted.
Friday, October 15, 2021
I had to piece it together, but I had enough baseball fabric to make the backing for the t-shirt quilt. The fellow who commissioned the quilt wanted a baseball print for the back. I also got the batting cut so you know what I will be doing this weekend!
Thursday, October 14, 2021
I had to mow the front and side yard last night. It was looking like a hayfield! After that I got to sewing on the t-shirt quilt. I sewed the last seam this morning! After I press that last seam, trim the bottom and top, then I will start on sewing the back together tonight. I will be FM quilting it this weekend!
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
I didn't get much sewing done last night becasue I had a hair appointment right after work. I did get the bottom three t-shirts in the middle row sewn together. I forgot to take a picture so I just have this one marked to show the three seams I have left to sew.
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
The borders were made long enough and have been sewn on both sides of the top. I have marked the seams left to sew.