I will try and condense this post as much as possible, but I did get a lot done! Thursday when I got home from work I sewed together the patio set cover for my neighbor. I got it on the set before the rain started.
Sewed on the label for the Harley quilt and made a bag for it. It was delivered on Saturday.
Finished 5 tote bags
Opened the two boxes one of my blog readers sent me. 15 pounds more of of tote bags fabric! She also included a beautiful card which I pinned up on my wall.
Saw the two day old fawn.
Friday - made 10 more tote bags and cut out 7 more
Did 2 hours and 15 minutes of weeding the cora bell bed. Here is before and after along with a close up of one of the plants Wanda sent me.
I stitched on the 2010 for 3 or 4 hours to catch up on the days I missed and to rest as I was tired from the weeding. It was hot outside and that just took the wind out of my sails! I got another section done and started on another. It won't be done for May, but I want to get it done for June.
Saturday - laundry, made a pizza, then sewed together 7 more tote bags. Six are the bigger size so that the 16' drum heads we sell would fit in them. I now have 92 finished and 16 more to sew together for this first round of tote bag making. These were made with some decorator fabric one of my blog readers sent me.
Went looking for fabric for the binding for the 2010 quilt. I wanted to find the grape colored fabric I had used in the quilt. This was the mess I needed to look thru. Yikes!
So I just spent some time straightening the mess up. Looks much better!
I found the grape fabric
Found another piece of fabric I can use for tote bags
and came across some large pieces that can be used for backing small quilts. I dyed all of these
Mowed and trimmed for an hour and a half, started a cross stich piece, then got ready to go to the show. My nephew was playing with the Michael Stanley Band.
My nephew did a great job.
Saturday and Sunday I spent most of my time working on the t-shirt quilt. By Monday evening it was half quilted.
It was beautiful outside Sunday evening and I went over to my neighbors for a little bit to sit next to the fire pit and talk. Monday I was up early and did a couple hours of weeding.
and I got most of this big bed weeded. I forgot to take an after picture. I ended up with a wheelbarrow full of stuff!
Another 2 hours and the weeds will be under control. I have one bed that still needs weeded so I can get my zucchini plants in the ground. I had four, but I gave one to my neighbor.