Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Number 20 quilted, progress on the Blackbird, and things are blooming!

Before I went out to mow and trim a bit, I finished up quilting that t-shirt. I now have 20 out of the 30 shirts quilted! Woohoo!
I made a bit more progress on the Blackbird piece. Here is where I was yesterday and where I am now.
I saw the first bloom from the California poppies. The flower had already started to close up by the time I got around to taking its picture. The California poppies reseed themselves and it is fun to find them in places that I didn't plant them. They are easy to pull out if need be, but I don't care where they pop up. The more the merrier! They spread all summer and bloom late into the fall.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The California Poppies must not be a favorite of the deer. I love that golden color of them.