Friday, May 19, 2023

Pag/cover progress

I was dreading sewing on the 2" wide webbing. Shoving the bag thru the machine was going to be a pain. I did get most of it sewn until I ran out of webbing. I never thought it would take more than 10 yards to do this bag. I needed something strong, black, and 2" wide so I grabbed some fuzzy loop tape and sewed it fuzzy side down. I needed around 30" and that did the trick!
I still needed something for the handles at the ends. The other day when I was cleaning up in the garage I found this shoulder strap from a bag. I had toss it in the house to store away. You never know when you need the hardware, but as it turned out I needed the webbing!
There is enough webbing for two handles.
I still need to sew on the fuzzy loop tape at the top front. This will hold the lid closed.
Tonight I need to add the two side handles, sew on the loop tape, quilt the lid, sew it on the body of the bag, and stitch on the hook tape. I will take pictures so you can see it with the keyboard in it. Meanwhile, I started on another cross stitch piece. I am doing a freebie chart from Blackbird Designs from 2009 called Petites Lettres Rouges. It is another small sampler; small samplers are fun to stitch. Here is what a finished piece looks like and where I am now.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so good at solving problems! Have a great weekend!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you have a great weekend too. I hope the cover works perfectly.