Friday, May 28, 2021
because I finally have the quilting done on the t-shirt quilt! I decided to work on the last shirt too and it went quickly. I laid the quilt out on my big table this morning to take a picture, then forgot to take the picture! LOL!!! Here is the top anyway.
Thursday, May 27, 2021
I was hoping to get that second to last t-shirt quilted last night, but stuff happened! I did get a little bit more done before my tension went off kilter. I spent a half hour getting it straightened out. By then it was getting too dark to quilt - yes, it is hard to see without some natural light - and I ran out of bobbin thread. Here is where I am at now.
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
I will start with what I actually got done. I had about a half hour to quilt on this shirt. It's not done, but about half the outlining is done.
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
I get home from work, sit down a minute or so to cross stitch then the crazyness begins! LOL!! The blue area at the bottom left will be a trunk. Here is the picture of where I was when I last posted this Friday and where I am now.
Monday, May 24, 2021
First lets start with the t-shirt quilt. I am now 95% done with the quilting. Here are the two shirts left to quilt circled in green. I had to go out and water the plants and get the dishes done so I simply ran out of time to finish this last night. I figure I will be starting on the binding Wednesday after work so I should have the quilt done by the end of next weekend.
Friday, May 21, 2021
I didn't get any more quilted on the t-shirt quilt last night. I ended up mowing. The grass in the front keeps growing like crazy! Then I needed to finish mowing the backyard. I only got it half mowed Wednesday night because I wasn't feeling good and it was hot. So now I need to do some trimming to finish it off. After mowing I watered. Somebody turned the furnace on as it has gone from cold to very hot! The poor baby Lenten Rose plants were suffering and I am not sure they are all going to survive. I should have watered them sooner. I did get out some fabric to audition for the t-shirt quilt binding. I am leaning toward the one in the middle. I think the top fabric is too blue, and the charcoal one is too dark. I will let the lady who commissioned the quilt make the final decision.
Thursday, May 20, 2021
I was off work yesterday with a headache that just wouldn't go away. As long as I sat quietly, I could still keep my hands busy. I turned on the TV, clicked on a movie channel and quilted. If I got tired, I just watched the movie. I now have 75% of the t-shirt quilt quilted! The green circled area is done.
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
I had calculated my percentage done on the quilting for the t-shirt quilt incorrectly. I was at 45% not 49%. After last night's quilting session I am now at 52% done. I got the little forest green patch done, the teal shirt with adjoin yellow piece and the adjoin piece to the pink t-shirt. That means I had to change the thread four times. It is a good thing I am pretty fast at changing the thread! LOL!!! Both the teal shirt and the forest green patch are thin, polyester fabrics. I had no issues free motion quilting either of them. I just take it a bit slower, straighten things out, and reposition my hands more often because the fabric has a tendency to slide around a bit.