Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Successes and failures

It was a busy three days. Saturday a girlfriend came over and we put together a king sized t-shirt quilt top. She showed up at 9 a.m. and left at 7:00 p.m. We used 63 shirts. She did the cutting and I did the sewing and pressing. There is no deadline for this and it is going to take a while to quilt.
My friend brought deli ham and turkey, and buns for lunch. I made a new cookie recipe - brown sugar toasted pecan shortbread for dessert. Gosh, they were good!
I was exhausted from the long day of putting that top together. Sunday morning I decided to do a few errands. I stopped to get a hose and looked at the plants. Since my attempt to grow coneflowers from seed was a complete and utter failure, I bought a few plants. I had bought three lavender plants a week or so ago from the same place and they are doing well so I went ahead and bought some coneflower plants from them.
I cleaned up all the weeds and clover and got the coneflowers planted. So far they are doing well. Here are my befores and afters.
One of the ladies at work asked for a boxy pouch for a gift so I got that made.
The rest of my Sunday I spent cleaning up my fabric storage room. I would pull a stack of fabric which was messy, straighten the pile out, and pull some fabrics for making project bags. My friend Saturday asked to buy some from me so I need to get some made. I would pull a stack then go sit then get up to straighten the pile. Once the pile was straightened up, I would sit for a bit then put the pile back in the fabric storage room. I was tired so there was a lot of sitting between the straightening up! I got some of the interfacing cut and some of the project bags cut so here they are in que.
I failed to get the Harley quilt completely quilted, but I am down to five shirts to quilt.
Last thing I did was mow the front yard and empty the chipmunk traps again. I didn't have time to trim so that will be tonight. I caught 5 chipmunks between Sunday and Monday. I am up to 13 already this year.  They are so destructive.  

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a busy weekend. Are you going to quilt your friend's T-shirt quilt? It is huge.
That is a lot of chipmunks and I agree they are destructive. I think the neighbor's cat got one in my yard.

Vicki W said...

OMG, what a busy weekend! No wonder you were exhausted by yesterday. You need to go back to work to get some rest. Are you going to be quilting that king sized tshirt quilt? That's a monumental and very heavy task.
Thirteen chipmunks....holy cow. Your house would have collapsed soon if they had been left alone.