Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Yesterday at work a co-worker friend asked me if I could fix her Mom's bathrobe. So that was last night's project and the new Clover seam ripper played a big role! I needed to stitch up the armhole that had come apart at the seams. One was completely apart and the other sleeve just needed a line of stitching before it would have eventually come apart.
Monday, August 30, 2021
My plans changed a bit this weekend so I didn't get to stay home all day Saturday and Sunday, but I still got a lot done. After switching around some of the flannel strips by ripping them apart and getting the rest of the strips sewn together, I now have 95% of the flannel into units to make blocks. I needed a place to put them so I used one of the twin beds in the guest room.
Friday, August 27, 2021
What I week I have had at work. I spent all day yesterday pounding on the computer moving documents around to the architect and contractors. By the end of the day I was having a hard time remaining focused. Two days of not using the computer will be nice! Meanwhile, I did get more strips cut into block units.
Thursday, August 26, 2021
I got a few more strips cut into block units. How is it I just figured out a better way of cutting these? I use to just layer up strips sets and cut them. Then I would sort them into stacks to make blocks. After all this time I figured out that I would stack two strips with the plaid on the outside and one strip with the plaid in the center. Once I sliced them, the pieces I needed for a block were already together so no sorting needed! Geeze! Then of course I make stacks with two strips with the solid fabric on the outside and one strip with the solid in the middle. Here are the latest ones I got cut.
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Tuesday, August 24, 2021
The box of 8 king sized sheets was sitting at my front door when I got home from work. I opened the box, took two sheets at a time out of their packages and started sewing them together. I sewed them in pairs then the pairs together like a four batch block. It was a huge pile of microfiber fabric that had to be folded. I took the pile upstairs and tossed it on my bed
Monday, August 23, 2021
My friend arrived late Saturday afternoon. After we ate the pizza I had made from scratch, she handed me the bag fabric she had bought for me. She had texted me when she had run into the motherload of Australian fabric at Zink's in Berlin, Ohio. Many texts later and a couple hours of going thru the stacks of flat folds, this is what I bought with her help. I hadn't figured out how many yards or what I am going to make, but at $5.00 a yard for first quality M+S fabrics, what a score!
Friday, August 20, 2021
What a week it has been at work and I am so glad it is Friday. I ended up mowing and trimming last night. The front yard was wild and I needed to tame it. It was 79 degrees and 55% humidity so I was sweating like crazy. No sewing got done, so here is a picture of my four marigold plants grown from last year's seed. The zinnias are in the far back.
Thursday, August 19, 2021
Yes, I am still sewing flannel strips together, but I am so close to having all the darker flannel ones done. Here are the ones I got done
Wednesday, August 18, 2021
I got a few more strips sew into sets last evening
Tuesday, August 17, 2021
I only had time to sew a few flannel strips together