Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Progess on the placemats and the RBS (Red Bank School) cross stitch

After I got home from work I needed to mow and trim the front and one side yard. That took about 40 minutes. I headed inside and started quilting on the other placemat sandwich. I finished it, cut out the placemats, sewed and pressed the binding, and got the binding sewn partially on the four mats. Tonight I will splice the binding together on each mat and finish sewing on the binding. The shower it tomorrow so they will be done in time!
I made good progress on the RBS piece. I am stitching this from a picture so sometimes there is a little ripping out and restitching. So far I am happy with how this is coming out. Here is where I was yesterday and where I am now.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I bet the placemats will be a hit with bride-to-be.

Cherie in St Louis said...

I am enjoying your newest RBS cross stitch.....I imagine there are quite a few people who won't be able to handle stitching from a picture! Hope your pretend bonding at the shower goes well....I'm sure the placemats will receive lots of oohs and aahs.