Sunday, January 31, 2021
Friday, January 29, 2021
Thursday, January 28, 2021
I got one more t-shirt on the Harley quilt quilted before I started on the binding on the pruple t-shirt quilt. The shirt circled in green is the one I did today and the yellow line is around the shirts that are done so far.
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
I now have four t-shirts quilted. There was a lot of detail stitching and changing thread colors which took a lot of time. I would show you the back, but that backing is so busy the quilting doesn't show.
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
I have been busy working, cleaning, food shoping, cooking, laundry, and taking care of bills and taxes. All of this is cramping my quilting time! LOL!! I did get started on quilting the Harley quilt. It is hard to quilt the black t-shirts without any good natural light along with the lights at my sewing machine. It has been gray and overcast. I did get the Yuma, Az. shirt done and started on outlining the details on the shirt above it.
Sunday, January 24, 2021
It took me all day to finish this UFO. I'm tired! I didn't not think it would have taken me all day. I'm glad it is finally done. It measures 75" x 85". It was already bound. The black and yellow fabric is commercial, but I hand dyed the greens and blues and the backing. I don't know exactly when I started this quilt, but my best guess is sometime in 2013 or 2014. My top thread was Sulky Rayon and the bottom thread was various cotton threads.
Saturday, January 23, 2021
I got the Harley t-shirt quilt pin basted today. That is a big job done! The quilt top went together so easy. The design again was simple, but the two colored columns of shirts represents the number 11.
Friday, January 22, 2021
I got the top all sewn together and it is now ready for me to pin baste. Right now it measures 85 1/2" x 95 1/2". The backing is just wide enough; not much to spare at all in the width. I will make it work!
Thursday, January 21, 2021
I am happy with the progress I have made on the Harley t-shirt quilt. Three-fifths sewn together! If I can find the time tomorrow, I would like to get the rest sewn together so I could be quilting this by the weekend!
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
First, thank you all for your kind comments on my GB piece. This next quilt is not any dramatic design, but it has significance. I have made a Harley quilt every year for the past 5 years to donate to a poker run that is run by a lovely lady. The money raised is donated to charity in remembrance of her daughter who was killed in a car accident. This year is the 11th year since she passed, thus the two columns with colored t-shirts will be the number 11. Last year I made an X with the colored t-shirts for 10 years and a hug. I got the center column sewn together.
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
The Gee's Bend quilt is done! I got to put a big black X thru the picture that I have hanging on my door of all my UFO projects. One done; 14 to go!
Monday, January 18, 2021
As I wait for the purple binding fabric to arrive in the mail for the t-shirt quilt, I jumped back to get the binding on the Gee's Bend (GB) piece. The binding was cut out of the leftover pieces from the shirts I used to make this piece. It is sewn on now and I have the lower left corner hand sewn so far. This piece measures 40" x 48.5" so it won't take very long to finish the hand stitching. The backing is a piece of my African Dutch Wax fabric.
Sunday, January 17, 2021
I was suprised late Saturday night that the thread I needed to quilt two of the neckerchiefs was delivered. I hadn't checked the mailbox. Today I was able to finish up all the quilting on this t-shirt quilt. Now I just have to wait until the binding fabric arrives so I can get this quilt done and get it delivered!
Friday, January 15, 2021
I had a busy day trying to get my computer and work phone updated with additional security that the company is doing for another layer of protection for people working from home. I read the instructions and didn't get very far and I was lost. After contacting IT, trying to figure out passwords and IDs, I was finally up and running after 2 1/2 hours. What a pain.
I did get a little quilting done on the t-shirt quilt after my work day was done. The area circled in green is what I got done today. Everything below the yellow line is what has been quilted except for the area in the yellow circle that still needs quilted.
Thursday, January 14, 2021
The yellow line divides the quilt into what is and what is not quilted. I made good progress. I would guess that I am now about 45% done with the quilting.
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Tuesday, January 12, 2021
It is too soon to figure out the percentage of quilting I have done on the t-shirt quilt. I am happy with the amount I did get done yesterday and today. The navy blue neckerchief, part of the light blue one, the purple shirt and some of the border has been quilted.