Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Frame, floss, and vacation

I had a hair appointment last night right after work and I didn't get home until 7:30 so no sewing happened. On my way home from the salon, I stopped at the Goodwill store to see it they had any frames that would work for framing cross stitch. I only found one wood frame that was suitable, but it was a good one for only three bucks!
The next stop was at Michael's to get a skein of blue floss. Now I can finish stitching that small Ukraine piece. I just need to find that sunflower fabric for the back so I can fully finish it this upcoming weekend.
When I got home there was a white plastic shipping bag at the mailbox. My prescription finally arrived! I fileted that bag open, checked the number stamped on the pills, then did a happy dance!
Wanda, here is the patch of Ajuga in my back yard. It is very purple in the summer and the patch gets bigger every year.
I am taking vacation Thursday and Friday since I will be heading to a gig to work the merch booth for my nephew's band on Thursday. The band hasn't played since last September so I am anxious to hear them play again. The show is at a venue I have never been at so it is always interesting going someplace new. Thursday morning I will travel and hour and 15 minutes to my eye doctor to get the replacement lenses. Hopefully, they will work better than the new ones I got a few weeks ago.  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will be all about finishing the Harley quilt and maybe getting a bit of yardwork done. Catch up with you  on Monday! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Have a great time at your nephew's concert!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a big patch of Ajuga! I have one in my front yard near a sidewalk. It didn't seem as bad last year as the year before but it is at least 3' in diameter. I don't know if Weed and Feed will take care of it or not. It gets pretty ugly looking by the end of a hot summer.