Thursday, March 24, 2022

90% done, repotting, and a gig

The only time the sun shone yesterday was on my trip home from work, then the gray skies and rain started up again. That mean no natural light for quilting those black t-shirts. I did get the tan one done which put me at 90% done.
It was warm enough outside to take the peace lily home to repot it. It was so root bound that there was very little soil to hold moisture and the plant was suffering.
I had to use my hand pruners to help cut the thru the roots to divide the plant. I have one plant to take to work and one for me. It was only 44 this morning so I wrapped the plant up in a sheet and plastic bag to keep it from getting shocked. Here are the two plants I got after dividing them. I took the one on the right back to work.  The fellow that left gave me the plant and it was from his Mother's funeral.  
My nephew called me on my way home from work to ask me if I would be available to work the merchandise booth at a gig that he booked next Thursday. I said yes so the band will be opening for Ace Frehley, former member of Kiss. It will be a short set, but it's a good thing to add to his resume. Here is the poster he designed for the show.
So I will take Thursday and Friday off next week. I won't get home until late on Thursday. I will use the time off to run errands and get some stuff done around the house.

2 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Wow! The two plants look great. You definitely have a green thumb.

Woohoo on the gig! Now that Covid is starting to tone down, things will be hopping. Way to start off the spring!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never had any luck with keeping Peace Lilies alive. I'm sure it had to do with the watering schedule, too little or too much.