Friday, March 4, 2022

Better than a stick in the eye

I didn't get a whole lot quilted yesterday. I was tired when I got home from work and a trip to the eye doctor to get my new lenses. I still go to the doctor where I use to live so it takes a good 1 hour and 15 - 20 minutes to get there. Driving tires me out. I did stop and get gas on the way back - $3.69.9 a gallon!  Yikes!  Every place else it was $3.79.9. Anyways, I did get started on this gray shirt and I say getting this little bit done is better than a stick in the eye! LOL!!
I have made some good progress on the reproduction sampler in just a couple days. It is going fast and the border is fun to stitch. I do have to count carefully because the border is not exactly the same stitch count all the way around.  I have my chart on my easel and just mark the stitches off with a pink highlighter as I go.
Here is where I was on Wednesday and where I am now.
I am looking forward to the weekend! Temperatures for Saturday and Sunday are forecasted to be 66 and 65, but windy on Sunday. I need to do some cleaning up in the garage and work on that frame for that cross stitch piece I just finished so I will probably do that on Saturday and enjoy the warm weather. Maybe I will even do a bit of yardwork. Working on the Harley quilt and maybe the placemats for the woman I work with will also be on the list. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I wonder if the ground has thawed yet here or in your area. It will be nice to get a little warmth this weekend. We are supposed to have high 60s Sat. but then back down to 40s Sunday. I hope to get out and look around too.