Monday, March 14, 2022

Progress on the Harley quilt, sampler done.

I forgot the paper I wrote the measurements I took to calculate the percentage I have quilted on the Harley quilt, but as you can see I made some good progress. The areas outlined in green are done.
I also finished the sampler.
and here is the back. I try to make the back nice and neat. Neatness was stressed to me when I learned how to embroider as a kid and throughout my years in 4-H.
I did make some changes to this sampler. I added two flowers at the top of the design. The area was just too empty looking.
I did not stitch the free hand lines along the border.
I woke up to this scene Saturday
Some melted with the sunshine on Saturday, but then it snowed again Saturday night. Sunday morning and evening looked like this.
A friend called Sunday afternoon. She lives 55 miles south of me and she had 5" of snow. It is forecasted to be 56 today so the little bit of snow left will be long gone.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like a large part of the US got in on that last snowstorm. I've seen several photos from snow in the south. We were on the northern edge and only got a little over an inch.

Robbie said...

Your sampler is beautiful! As is your workmanship!!!! Just wonderful!!! Love the Harley quilt!!! You are making great progress!

Cherie in St Louis said...

We received about 4” of snow and woke up to a wind chill of -2!!

Vicki W said...

The Harley quilt is coming along great! We got some snow too and I'm glad it was gone in a day.