Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Cross stitch piece is all stitched!

I was so close to finishing the cross stitch piece at lunchtime yesterday I decided to finish it last night so here it is.
The weather is forecasted to be in the 60's this weekend so I will be able to get out in the garage and cut up and remake a frame for this piece. I wanted to get another project ready to go so I decided to do this sampler kit that I bought recently from an estate sale site online. It is from 1978 which I was cross stitching at that time so this would have been a piece I would be interested in stitching back then. I was really into reproduction samplers and I still like to stitch them.
I sorted out the floss, but for me there is an issue. The lengths of floss are precut and only 16" long. I dug thru my floss box and found all but four of the colors.
The instructions for making this sampler really cracked me up. I will not be following the directions.
I have a small start. The linen is stiff, but I like that. It will soften up as I work with it.

2 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Congrats on your finish! I see the skull and it fits perfectly ;-) Like that you did it in a more skull like color...it's there but subtle.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your finished sampler is such a nice design. I like the way the letters are placed. On your new one...it's nice that they have directions but you have made so many that I'm sure you have established a good way to work them without much input.