Thursday, March 10, 2022

Progress on the sampler

I had to make a trip to the eye doctor late yesterday to get my prescripton dialed in better. The new lenses will arrive sometime in the next two weeks. Since I didn't get home until 7 last night no quilting on the Harley quilt happened. What I will show you is the progress I have made on the sampler I bought in a kit for 1978. Here is where I was March 4
Here is where I am this morning
I was going to stop at Michael's on my way home to get a couple colors of floss I need, but I ran into a huge traffic jam a couple blocks away from the high school. Geeze! I had to sit thru the light at least 4 turns before I could make a right hand turn and get the heck out of there! I went home and dug thru my floss again to find the darkest brown I could so I am just using that. I also found a pretty close match to the light blue after looking again. The kit is way short on the amount of light blue floss that is needed.  

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What count cloth is this one?

Ann said...

I made several cross stitch samplers in the late 70s. Fortunately, none are in the leftover pile. All were framed and most were gifted. Congrats on sticking to it. Your background is lovely.

barbara woods said...

where their is a will their is a way!

Robbie said...

I am always so impressed with your cross stitch! WOW!!!!!

swooze said...

You e been busy as usual! Loved catching up with you. I’ve been vacationing and busy with work. Glad to catch up with you!

Christine said...

Fascinating sampler..... Glad you could find the rightish colours