Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Guessed wrong

I thought I had enough blue floss to complete the Ukraine Peace piece, but I guess wrong. LOL!! I do like the border better with the two rows of blue and yellow. I will be traveling by a Michael's tonight so I will stop and get a skein of blue floss so I can get this done.
Meanwhile I went looking for some sunflower fabric to put on the back of this small so I went digging in my stash. So far I haven't found a scrap of sunflower fabric, but I did find some pieces of baseball fabric which I can use for those two quilts I need to make for my sister's friend.
While I was speed watching the Oscars that I had taped, I sewed on this Ukraine flag patch I had ordered from a place in Austin on the back of my AC/DC hoodie. The place is called Patch Addict.com and they are fast with the shipping. I ordered the patch Friday morning and got it Monday. The fellow in the next cubical wanted to order some Ukraine flag patches so we put together an order so I have a few more patches coming to add to this hoodie. We used the 15% off coupon they sent me plus ordered enough to get free shipping!
My next cross stitch project is this sampler I found on ebay.
I will not chart the whole thing out. I just like to start stitching and will just fudge as I go as needed. I thought it was a cute sampler despite the condition. Here is my start.
My daffodils look very sad because of the cold and snow. As the weather warms up today I am hoping they pick themselves up. For the last three weeks every time I walked passed them to get the mail I told them it was too early to show up! LOL!!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I thought that the sampler you are starting was a photo of a vintage sampler but now I realize that you bought the original! So cool that you are remaking it. I hope you are able to get your blood pressure meds sorted out soon. My Mom had a big problem with some glaucoma drops that caused her problems when the pharmacy switched to a different manufacturer's supply. She had to call around to different pharmacies to find one that carried the specific one she could use.....even though they are all "the same" medicine.

swooze said...

If I hadn’t read Vicki’s comment I wouldn’t have realized you’re recreating that piece. I love the variety of color in it!