Monday, March 7, 2022

A good weekend

I made some good progress on the Harley quilt. I still have a little bit more to outline stitch on that orange shirt, but the majority of it is done. So now I am at 46%.
I am struggling with my new glasses. They are just too strong to function in nearby surroundings. They are ok when I drive, but I did notice that I an having a harder time judging distances like when approaching stop signs. Reading the computer is hard so I have a call into the optical center. I have burnt my left hand twice because I have misjudged distances.
I found some baseball fabric on sale so I picked up 4 pieces for the baseball quilts I need to make for a friend of my sister. I need to have these done by May. They are digital prints which I am not crazy about, but it was all I could find that were the right color.
I also bought these new Moda prints to go with the Ebb and Flow layer cake I bought a while ago.  I bought the last of this skull fabric that was on clearance to go with a piece of the same fabric I had bought last year so I would have enough for a back of next year's Harley quilt.
I got the frame cut down and glued for that red sample piece I just finished.  the rest of the weekend was laundry, dishes, cooking, gathering the recycling, and doing some cleanup in the garage.  

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hate that when glasses prescriptions are wrong. I went through 6 months trying to convince my eye dr. that my duplicate pair of glasses wasn't right. It ended up the factory had used a thicker lens material on the 2nd pair and that changed the prescription. I hope you can get it resolved easily.
You are making good headway on the quilting.