Monday, April 4, 2022

8th finish for 2022

I hardly know where to start with the goings on for the last four days. I did get the Harley quilt done except for a decent picture and the label. I will do both of those tonight. I don't know why I struggled to get myself to finish this quilt, but at least it is now done. I ended up machine sewing the binding on instead of hand stitching it. I just wanted to get it done.
Thursday I did errands in the morning. I did stop on my way home at a thrift shop for the first time just to see what they had. The fellow running the shop help me find some wooden picture frames. I will cut these down to frame my cross stitch. I got the five frames for $11.00! I will be stopping there more often!
When I got home, I baked cookies for the band then headed to my brother's to head to the gig in Warren, Ohio. Here are some pictures of the theater and my nephew performing.
I wasn't impressed by the headliner. We couldn't pack up the merchandise until after the show was over which turned out to be a good thing because I sold more merch as people were leaving. It was good practice setting up the merchandise to work out any kinks for the big season of shows that will be coming this summer.
I didn't get to bed until 1 a.m. so I was moving a bit slow on Friday. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I finished the Ukraine Peace small. I never did find a piece of sunflower fabric for the back.
I washed the baseball fabric that I previously showed, two pieces that came in the mail and two pieces I bought on Thursday that I found at a quilt shop in Sugarcreek, Ohio. I also got a great deal on quilting thread at the shop. Signature thread works great on my machine and the 3,000 yard cones were only $10.40 a cone! After washing and pressing I cut pieces for two quilts I am making for my sister's friend for her second child due at the end of May and for her 3 year old so he doesn't feel left out. I have two more pieces of baseball fabric coming; I think I bought more fabric than I needed. Oops!
I also worked on the new sampler but I will post that in a couple of days. It was cold, snowy, and rainy most of the weekend so no yardwork took place.

4 comments:

swooze said...

I love the finish on your Ukraine piece.

You really got the baseball quilt together quickly!

Pauline Michaud said...

Wow, you had lots on the go this weekend. Can't wait to see the t-shirt quilt pictures - I bet you it looks lovely! I love all the baseball fabric you found. I worked on knitting an afghan I started probably 5 or 6 years ago with lots of cables. I must be in a mood to finish things... LOL. My friend is coming up with her next project, so worked on drawing out a pattern for a quilt picture she saw that we couldn't find a pattern for. Enjoying a lazy day today - took the day off as my husband is on holidays this week. Can't wait to see pictures.

Vicki W said...

You finished the Harley quilt way ahead of the deadline! Glad you had fun at the concert. It's good to get out every now and then. Although I'm not very good at making myself get out! The baseball baby quilt is going to be really cute.

Kaja said...

You have been busy! I love the theatre pictures - what age is the building, do you know? Congratulations on finishing the t-shirt quilt too - like Pauline I'm looking forward to more pictures.