Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Kept busy

I was busy for 3 days. Of course I didn't get everything on my list done, but my list was far too long anyway! I did get the binding machine sewn on the t-shirt quilt and have it hand sewn on one side. I brought it to work today to stitch on it at lunch and will finish tonight.
I spent way too much time working on stretching and framing the cross stitch pieces. I made a jig for gluing corners. I learned I could only glue one corner at a time, wait until the glue dried, then nail it. I won't say how much time I wasted learning this. I also had two purchased frames that I cut down to the size I needed or should I say the first one went well, but the second one I cut wrong and had to recut it then reduce the size of my cross stitch piece. Ugh! I did get this piece framed in the first cut down purchased frame.
The next one in a cut down purchased frame is this one. It looked fine as I was putting it together, but after I was done the border of the piece on the lower right is closer to the frame than the left side. Ugh! If it drives me crazy I will take it apart and fix it.
Meanwhile I continued to glue corners and then saw that I have a technical issue with my jig. The 90 degree corner pieces are too long and I can't put this narrower frame in the jig. Ugh! I thought about cutting the jig down, but I nailed the heck out of it. I think I will just have to make another one. It would be good to have two jigs anyway.
I have another frame ready to have the two halves glued together and the pieces cut for another frame.
I spent some time mowing and moving the last of the mulch from the driveway to the storage area in the back. It was only 8 loads. I am glad to have that job done.
Then it was time to make the cover for that platform. I cut the first piece of car cover fabric, found the center point, the moved the ruler a few inches at a time and made a mark at 49 1/4". This took a while! LOL!!
I then cut the fabric for the sides, sewed them on, and then marked those at 49 1/4". I cut the piece for the sides of the cover which was 4 1/2" x 302". I folded up the 4 1/2" an inch and sewed the hem.
Sewed on the fuzzy side of the hook and loop tape on the side piece, sewed that onto the circle, and here it is finished. I sure hope it fits and functions for the people who wanted this.  They will be putting a few pieces of the hook side of the hook and loop take to the platform to hold the cover in place.  I think it took me about 6 hours to make this cover, but it's done and in the mail.  Yeah!


Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I doubt you could have squeezed one more thing into the weekend. When the t-shirt quilt is done you can play with something new.

Vicki W said...

I agree with Wanda, that was a busy weekend! I wouldn't have noticed the wonky cross stitch if you hadn't pointed it out. Great work on framing them yourself!