Wednesday, June 2, 2021

13th finish for 2021, flowers, stocking progress

Yeah it is finally done! I haven't had a quilt finish since March 14. It finished 74" x 94".
I was pleased that it laid so nice and flat.
There were a couple of holes in the shirts. For the larger hole, I backed the hole with matching fabric then when I quilted it I did some overlapping circles to really nail it down. Here is what it looked like on the back. the other hole I just came across when I was quilting. It was small so I just circled it several times to make sure it was never going to be an issue.
When I first got home I watered. I had spread grass seed and threw some sweet peat over it where the tarp had killed the grass. It needed watered.
I went ahead and gave the cora bells and transplanted Lenten Roses a drink too. The California poppies were giving me a great show
and one of my lavender plants is in full bloom
Out back there was one of those big red headed woodpeckers having a grand old time removing the bark from a fallen tree looking for dinner.
I didn't work on the Xmas stocking over the weekend except for a little while on Friday night. I got a few more stitches in this morning before work so here is where I was and where I am

4 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Great job, Patty. It doesn't matter how many quilts you get done, it always feels good when you finish the next one. The T-shirt quilts looks very good - particularly given the challenge around working with precut shirts! I can't wait to see the finished cross-stitch... it's really coming along well. We're getting 86F weather here today... first time this year. It's been a wild ride this spring temperature-wise. Flower bed is looking good - looking forward to seeing things grow.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The T-shirt quilt really turned out nice despite the fewer shirts to work with. The fill in strips look great in it.

Ann said...

A great job with the t-shirts, Patty. Your quilting looks like it will hold everything well.
I have a couple of pots of lavender. It's the French variety which is more susceptible to freezing but it's growing well in our heat. I love to run my hands over the stems.

Vicki W said...

The t-shirt quilt turned out great!