Monday, June 28, 2021

Got some stuff done

I needed to move the quilt pieces for the odds and ends top. I needed my bigger design wall for the flannel quilt top so I sewed together most of the top and moved the sections to the smaller design wall. I need to figure out another fabric to use to add a bit more size to the top. I drew lines for the seams that still need sewn. It is hard to take a good picture since this wall is blocked by my big table.
I sewed and sewed all day Saturday to get enough blocks made for the flannel quilt. On Sunday, I started sewing the blocks into rows. I have the bottom 4 rows sewn together and the next two rows above it sew together. The Tour de France and Fast and Furious movies kept me company while I sewed.
I did take a break and do a bit of straightening up. I needed a place to put all the flannel strips left for the next quilt. I cleaned off the table in the fabric storage room that was covered in quilts. I needed a place for them so I cleaned out a closet in the next room with a shelf of clothing that I no longer needed. So after a couple hours I had a nice place to put the flannel.  I also moved the totes that need sewn together here too.  Now the big table is empty and ready when I go to pin baste the flannel quilt. 
Here is the progress on the Xmas stocking. I didn't have as much time last week to work on it, but I did make progress and am getting close to finishing it. Here is where I was and where I am now.
I am getting down to the little details. For the candle flames the chart shows three colors each one stitch! The candles are far apart so I cannot carry the thread from one candle to the next.

4 comments:

Donnie said...

The flannel quilt is wonderful. But, I can’t wait to see more of the odds and ends quilt. So original!

Donnie said...

The flannel quilt is wonderful. But, I can’t wait to see more of the odds and ends quilt. So original!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the layout of the flannel quilt. It looks like a big one.

Vicki W said...

I am loving the layout of the flannel quilt! That stitching on the candle flames would probably be the end for me. I could see myself using some fabric paint instead.