Tuesday, June 22, 2021

More blocks sewn and flannel arrived

Here are those blocks all sewn and pressed. I like to make them both ways, that is, alternating the position of the solids and plaids.
Here is the next group ready for me to sew together tonight.
My flannel arrived from Hancock's of Paducah yesterday! That was fast! Oh my, I sure bought a lot and what was I thinking? I bought more plaids than solids! There is one solid piece that is on backorder. I will have to get this in the washer and dryer tonight so I can start cutting it.

4 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Lol... you must really like plaid quilts! Isn't it funny how fabric takes up more space when you receive it? It must grow during shipping. I recognize some of those plaids and they are really nice. I'll have to send you pictures of a penguin quilt we made for a charity using plaid fabric.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad they did have some solid colors. I remember many years when plaids and prints were the only thing available in flannel.

swooze said...

What’s your overall design plan with your nine patches? I love using rulers that are the exact width :)

Vicki W said...

I almost bought a ton of sale batiks from Hancock's last week but talked myself out of it once the yarn sale boxes started arriving!