Wednesday, June 23, 2021

The flannel parade

I got a few more blocks sewn together.
The next batch laid out
Half of the flannel is washed and I got two of the pieces cut into strips.
I will wash the other half tonight. Here is the pile ready to be press and cut. I was thinking that I ought to make some 16 patch blocks ... hum? 16 patch blocks sure would make it faster to put together a top.  I also think I am going to dye some solids.  I need a couple of different dark greens and I would love a dark teal.  I have plenty of white flannel to use.  Flannel picks up the dye color really well.
Here is a shot of the front yard this morning. Everything is filling in and the beds are looking lush.  It was nice and cool last evening so I did get a few weeds pulled too.

1 comment:

Kathy S. said...

Love your flannel combos in the blocks. I visited my flannel bins by accident yesterday when I was putting a few things away. Almost all of these have been given to me in scrap bags. They are mostly baby colors and pastels. Someday there will be a multi-colored baby quilt made from them (or several).

Your plants do look so lush! LOVE those blue things! The weather has been so great for working in the yard. Woohoo for the "free" exercise.