Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Progress on the flannel quilt and daisies

As I watched Stage 3 of the Tour de France (TDF) that I had taped, I sewed blocks into rows. I got three rows sewn together. The missing row is sitting at the sewing machine ready to be sewn together tonight.
The blocks will finish at 7 1/2" and the quilt should finish about 75" x 90".  Donnie you are a no reply blogger so I will say here that I have to give credit to, and did on my June 3 post, to Rosie Lee Thompkins and Sue Willie Seltzer as my odds and ends quilt is a mashup of ideas from their quilts.  Without seeing their quilts I would have never put these pieces together.   The Shasta dasies that were transplanted and redone this spring are looking good. It is fun to drive into the cul-de-sac and see the row of white flowers greeting me when I come home from work.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Beautiful flower bed! That is a lot of Shasta daisies and I couldn't even keep 2 plants alive.

Kaja said...

I always think of you when I see the Tour de France is on. So much sport right now - we are following football (our sort), cricket and now Wimbledon too. I love your daisies. I just found a few had seeded in my garden and I am hoping they will spread.

Pauline Michaud said...

I love the layout you've come up with for your blocks. It's going to be really nice.