Thursday, June 17, 2021

Wool pressing pad - it's the bomb!

I got the first group of strips sewn together. I have to say I am loving my new wool pressing pad. I bought a big one so a half width of fabric would fit. I am impressed on how my seams lay down with a lot less effort! I wish I would have had one of these decades ago!
Here is the first group of blocks ready to be sewn together.
One of the chairs needed to have three of the back rungs reglued. Done!
I finished the rest of the trimming then watered my new grass patch and the cora bell bed. Here is the first coneflower flower.
Lavender in full bloom - I need to pull that clover that has come up LOL!
and the Shasta daisies are starting to bloom
I am loving my new splatter blue pot that I bought at the estate sale. I have used it almost every day since I bought it.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your Shasta Daisies have filled in nicely. It is so great to see a Coneflower in bloom. Maybe with the 2 days in the 90s and a weekend in the high 80s mine will catch up with yours.

I love my wool pressing mats too. Less effort as we get older is a good thing.

Cherie in St Louis said...

You were smart to get the larger wool pressing mat. I got the small one, you know, to see if I liked it. Well, I love it and ended up buying the larger one too. I do use the smaller one when I paper piece and set up the iron next to the sewing machine. I can't see to finger press only ;-)

Your yard is looking wonderful!

barbara woods said...

love your new pot to

barbara woods said...

love your new pot to!

Robbie said...

I wondered how well those wool pads would work! Thanks for the update!!!