Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Apron and now tote bags

I finished the apron last evening. I am anxious to try it out and see how it functions on Friday.
I was happy to see the grass growing already in the place I patched where the mulch was in the driveway. I just threw down the seed on Friday! We got a half inch of rain yesterday so I didn't have to water it.
I thought I would show you how the ornamental grass is coming as it grows along the neighbor's fence. It's doing well!
I got a start on the tote bags I want to take to the show on Friday for the merch booth. Plastic bags are no good for multiple CDs, an album, or a 45. The corners just poke thru the plastic. I had dug thru the fabric storage room for leftover or unused fabric that would be heavy enough for tote bags. I have a mix of duck cloth, drapery fabric, and outdoor fabric. I have a big roll of 1" webbing so some handles have been cut. I am cutting the handles 26". Here are the handles and bags cut so far
a stack of fabric to cut. I am cutting the fabric 34" x 15"
One bag ready to sew!
From now on I will post about the Xmas stockings on Mondays. I am into the detailed parts of the design the go really slow so there is no sense posting on a daily basis. I did get a lot of the half cross stitch done for the flooring and just got started on the jump rope. The jump rope is worked in two colors in a slated half cross stitch. It is a bit confusing so I will have to work both colors at the same time. So here is where I was and where I am right now

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your apron looks like it will work well. I like the 2 pocket type too.

The grass looks great along the fence. I imagine it will totally fill in at some point.

Kaja said...

Your apron looks exactly like the ones all our market traders wear. You work so hard on your garden - is it a big plot?

Robbie said...

Still can't get over the beauty of your embroidery/cross stitch. It is amazing! Just getting caught up reading blogs...totes are wonderful and aren't you the nicest person to do this!!