Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Mowing, cutting, and pressing

The temperature was 75 degrees and the humidity 45% when I got home from work so that meant I could stand to mow the grass. There also was a nice breeze which helped a lot! I got the back and sides done. Tonight the temps will be about the same so I will mow the front and try to get some trimming done. I did get some strips cut from the last three pieces of flannel.
I decided I needed more solid colors of flannel; they are hard to find! I looked online and finally settled on some solids and some woven solids. Not ideal, but I can make it work. I also picked up some plaids that were on sale - Hancock's of Paducah. It is really hard to find solid flannels. Lots of tone-on-tone pieces, but not much in the way of a solid flannel. I then got the dishes done and pressed the washed fabric I got in some kits from that garage sale.
I got them so cheap! I ended up with 7 3/4 yards out of the four kits for $6.00!
I already mailed the Statue of Liberty panel to Vicki for a veteran quilts. I would have never used the panel. Then I have 4 feet of this print. It was in a kit to make place mats. I will never use this fabric. Does anyone have a project they would use it for? Let me know and I will mail it to you.

5 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Wow! Less than a dollar a yard is cheap! Who would have thought solid color flannel would be hard to find??

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It takes a good day like that to want to mow. My front yard is half brown and crispy so I just mowed the shady back yard in 80 degree and 39% humidity.
The tone on tone flannels will read as a solid from 3 feet away so maybe you will need to add some of them.

Frog Quilter said...

That fabric would be pretty in a fall themed quilt.

swooze said...

Wow love that print. It’s very similar to one I just used recently. How big are the motifs?

Vicki W said...

We will happily use the panel for one of our veterans quilts. I've got to get my longarm fixed because I have a backlog of about 20 quilts to quilt, on top of several of my own!