Friday, June 25, 2021

Found some solids

Last night I got the last three pieces of flannel plaids cut into strips
I ended up spending at least 45 minutes on the phone with my sister who lives in Georgia and then another hour on the phone with my brother who lives in Texas. I was good to talk to the both of them as time slips away before you realize months have gone by since you talked.  My brother had received the box of space stuff and ornaments I had sent him. I shipped that box on Saturday and he got it on Wednesday! Ohio to Texas in 4 days and I shipped it the cheapest I could. He said the Apollo 11 set came with a mat that you roll out that looks like the surface of the moon. I did not know that and he promised to send me a picture once he and his daughter open the box to set it up. He was so excited to get the Apollo rocket, the Apollo book, and the box of space experiments.  He graduated from Ohio State so he like the ornaments too.   I only had time to sew together a few more blocks.
I got a $5.00 off coupon from eQuilter so I thought I would look again at what flannel they had. Well, they must have gotten a shipment in because they had all kinds of solid flannel. When I looked last week they only had one piece of pink! So, being hopped up on caffeine this morning, I lost my mind a bit and order some solid flannel and of course I had to order enough to get free shipping! LOL!!! I am going to make two flannel quilts for Xmas presents this year so I will be putting all this flannel to good use! Guess what I will be working on this weekend? LOL!!! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Wha hoo! You won the flannel lottery this week. Great news about finding more solid colors. I'm sure they will be put to very good use. Very hot weather predicted here for the next week. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It really pays to keep checking the e-stores because they get new shipments all the time. I'm glad one of them was solid color flannel. That saves you from having to die the white flannel.

swooze said...

Have fun! I hope I emailed you to thank you for the fabric! I love it and cat wait to play with some ideas for it. Thank you!