Monday, June 21, 2021

A good weekend

The weekend went slow and I feel like I got a lot done. I got all the strips sewn together and sliced.
What made life easier was that instead of lining up a ruler to cut each slice
with a 40% off coupon, Saturday I bought a 3" wide ruler. Now all I have to so is line up the edge of the ruler and cut. It went much faster. I wish I had bought one of these years ago.
The rest of the time I spent cleaning - the garage, kitchen, and a bit of the studio. There is more that needs done, but every area looks a lot better. It was so humid that it was hard to work in the garage for long period of time.  Here is my progress on the stocking- first where I was last Monday and where I am now.  I finished the doll and did the quilt under the tree.
I have all the big elements stitched; now it's the details. I cross them off when I complete the details. Here is what's left to stitch.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have one of those 3" wide rulers too and it saves a lot of eye strain and concentration. The stocking really didn't take all that long and you will be done well ahead of Christmas, in fact maybe Christmas in July!

Cherie in St Louis said...

What Wanda said about your stocking progress....you might be done for Christmas in July! It's funny because Lynne Tyler (patcherymenagerie.blogspot.com) has several different widths and swears by them! They aren't rulers rather plain plexiglass cut at different widths. I wasn't exactly sold that they save time but now that you and Wanda say they do.......I might need to test them out!

Robbie said...

Love, love, love that stocking! I have to stare at it for seconds to take in all the detail!