Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Strips cut, flatbread, sampler progress

I had another busy evening. The strips are all cut. There might be enough to make blocks for two more baby quilts. The forecast is calling for rain this afternoon so that means I will be sewing strips together instead of mowing the grass.
I plan on making them similar to this one.
Made some flat bread.
and got a bit more done on the sampler. Here is where I was yesterday and where I am now
I didn't have time to try out the chainsaw, but the fellow that fixed it did cut some wood with it and said it worked great. I had ruined the blade when I chopped thru the ornamental grass. The blades can be sharpened, but mine was too far gone.

5 comments:

swooze said...

All work and no play... glad you’re taking a pause to play!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That baby quilt was one of my favorites that you have made. It is so calming and very neutral so it will go with any decorating theme. I just may copy your direction on my next one.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Darn the rain, making you see instead of mow ;-) I spy that beautiful whale fabric.....I love it....and found some to add to my own stash!

Vicki W said...

Those soft colors will make a beautiful baby quilt.

Kaja said...

I love that quilt, so more of the same can only be a good thing. I like restful colour schemes, they are easy to live with.