Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Piecing project, sampler progress, and chain saw

I need to get back to sewing and piecing. I have some 2 1/2" strips cut for another 16 patch neutral baby quilt. I found some wide strips of beiges and grays, and a little bit of yardage that I need to cut into strips. That will be on the agenda tonight after work.
I got more done on the sampler. Here is where I was yesterday and where I am now
I have been trying to figure out when I stopped cross stitching. As best I can figure it was in 1993. I have this piece that I had finished and dated it 1993. When I stopped I had left three UFOs.  I finished two of the three UFOs recently- the tree with bluebirds and the Ohio sampler.  I still need to finish the Christmas stocking.   The zebra sampler was a new start.  I no longer have the chart for this one so no details.  The fabric is a linen and I stitched it with DMC.  
I am so happy today! My friend at work, her husband was able to replace the blade in my little electric chain saw so I am back in business! I had ruined the blade when I used it to cut thru those ornamental grasses. Lesson learned! I can't wait to go home tonight and cut something!

6 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I too cross stitch as well as quilt and enjoy both. I like that you charted that alphabet work yourself. Happy Stitching from me!

Pauline Michaud said...

Great work! I'm so happy your friend was able to repair your little chainsaw. No one's going to be able to stop you now! LOL

barbara woods said...

I used to cross stitch to , going to have to dig that out again

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I didn't know you could change the blade in a chain saw. I guess I had the impression they lasted forever or until the motor died.

Ann said...

I didn't know ornamental grasses would ruin a chainsaw. I thought they worked on everything natural. How good that you found someone to fix it and knew it might be possible.
I need more baby quilts, too. The scrap bag is almost overflowing. I need to come up with some easy ways to draw it down.

Vicki W said...

Yay! Glad your chainsaw is fixed!