Monday, April 26, 2021

Quilt top done, sampler and Lenten Rose progess

Yeah! The t-shirt top is done! I am happy with how it turned out. It's 96" long but I forgot to measure the width. I will get the batting cut tonight so I will be ready once the backing arrives.
Between laundry, dishes, and working in the Lenten Rose bed, I stitched on the sampler. Here is where I had left off and where I am now
I chart one row at a time and adjust the spacing to fit the width. For the row I am on now, I counted the spaces left at the end of the row and counted the number of letters that are in this row. I will add one more space between each letter and that will fix the spacing of the row.
Here is a picture of the sampler that I am stitching.
The Lenten Rose bed is a lot harder job than I thought it would be or maybe I just forgot how hard it was to dig out a plant that has been growing for at least 10 years! LOL!!!  It has been physically demanding. I worked a few hours in the bed on Friday and Saturday. The old and dead leaves were trimmed back, the weeds were pulled, and lily of the valley dug out as much as possible. I dug out young plants as I found them and transplanted them to the other bed. I dug out one big plant to move and it gave me a battle. Eventually I got it dug up and moved. I also split a chunk off one of the big plants and transplanted it in the front left corner. A couple loads of sweet peat were spread on the left side. I will continue work on this bed to try and fill in the spaces by splitting plants and get the bed covered with sweet peat. Here is where the bed was at the beginning and where I am now.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You did a great job stretching out your limited supply T-shirts for that quilt.

You need to put your own name on the sampler you are making now instead of the inspiration lady's name.

When it comes time to sell your house you need to do it during the blooming season for some of your flowerbeds. I think some buyers would be thrilled to know what is there. When we bought the house I live in now all of the Redbuds were in bloom and the peonies were all up and about half grown. I didn't know anything about perennial gardening back then.

swooze said...

Wondered how your weekend went. Of course lots of hard work. I’m anticipating you getting to that black and white quilt! Lol

Cherie in St Louis said...

The t-shirt quilt looks amazing, especially considering what you had to work with. I’m so glad the tank top ended up in the bottom corner. You worked it in beautifully but “one of these things is not like the others”, lol.