Friday, April 9, 2021

Ready for mulch, pillowcase, and sampler progress

As soon as I got home from work I laid out the tarp for the fellow that is delivering my sweet peat mulch today. It was windy so lots of bricks were needed to hold the tarp in place. It was going to rain - and it did -  so I had to get this done.  I will be busy this weekend spreading sweet peat in all the flower beds.
Since it did rain there was no working in the yard last night thank goodness! I'm tired! LOL!! I did make a Happy Birthday pillowcase for a lady I work with. I bought the happy birthday fabric from my friend that was downsizing her stash. I think she had a whole bolt of this and now it's mine.
I worked on the zebra sampler a bit more at lunch and after work. Here is where I was
and where I am now
I am using a hand dyed black floss and I am on my third skein. I am sure glad I bought four because I am going to need four. I was just guessing about how much I would need. This is what I am using
I had nothing but fun at work the last couple of days. I needed to add revised drawings to the file that had all the previous drawings. Each drawing has a name and it's own file such as E1-3 Demolition Level 1. The drawings are in a software call Bluebeam that the contractors can access and we also keep them on the company cloud. It took a lot of trial and error, watching videos, and one email to complete the task. I wrote how to notes so I don't forget how to do this since I don't know how long it could be until I need to do this again. Bluebeam is not user friendly as far as I am concerned!
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your sampler is coming along nicely. Working without a chart has to keep you on your toes.

Kathy S. said...

Wow, that's a lot of detailed instructions. Glad you got it all done at work. I know how much you love to work in your flower beds. It's bonus exercise. You will be tired, but a nice hot bath will make it all worthwhile and your flowers/grass are going to look awesome.

I have some of that birthday fabric--not a whole bolt. It's a fun fabric.

Kaja said...

I often make notes to stop me having to figure something out all over again, though it looks like you have had to write a manual! Don't you love how there is a fabric for every occasion?