Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Sampler finished, t-shirt plan, lunchtime project

Thanks goodness it rained most of the day yesterday so I had an excuse not to work in the yard. LOL!! Instead I finished the zebra sampler. I only had four 12" pieces of floss left. Talk about cutting it close! LOL!!
Next I cleaned up the quilting table a bit and fixed two pieces for the t-shirt quilt. I had this shirt
and now it looks like this
Then there was this piece. Really? Cut it from the t-shirt like this?
I managed to save it. I don't think it looks too bad.  I used a t-shirt from my stash and the color match is pretty close. 
A mosaic design was asked for so here is the first section I am working on. I am going to need more gray t-shirts to cut up for joining fabric.
Here is a picture of my niece with the quilt I sent her. She is the sister of the nephew that got the yellow and gray quilt.
I made this quilt in 2005. It was the biggest improv quilt I had made to date. It wasn't quite long enough so I just use the leftover bits to add a row at the bottom.
So since I finished the sampler I will go back to working on the 2010 quilt at lunchtime if it is too hot to walk or if it is raining. It looks like a hot mess in this picture! LOL!!
Right now I am working on the gold section at the top. I would love to get this UFO done by the end of the month, but I think that would be pushing it. I am using No. 12 pearl cotton to quilt with.

7 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Great job, Patty. That sampler looks great! Amazing what a little rain will do. LOL. Can't wait to see how the t-shirt and ufo quilts will turn out. Still too cold to work in yard here. Had some wet snow on Saturday which covered everything, then it melted on Sunday - thank goodness.

Kathy S. said...

LOVE your sampler! That is so cool that it needs a special frame and matting (hopefully that will be found at Goodwill.) I have been finding a lot of cool frames there lately. The quilt for your niece is perfect. I love how you used the bits and pieces to make it long enough. That's when a quilt tells a story. Good luck finishing your UFO by the end of the month. No pressure. It will get done.

Frog Quilter said...

Another productive day. You are a bundle of energy! Would you send me some! Thanks.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The sampler turned out great. Yes that was cutting it close on the thread.

Your niece looks happy to get a quilt from you.

Cherie in St Louis said...

The chaos soccer t-shirt looks amazing. What a save. And the zebra piece, be still my heart, I love it!!!

Ann said...

How nice that you got a photo of your niece with her new quilt. It's lovely. And I enjoy seeing how you filled in the t-shirt tops. I made a few samplers after graduation in the evenings after job hunting. Yours took me back.

Vicki W said...

The sampler is fantastic! Your niece looks very happy with her new quilt!