Monday, April 19, 2021

Progress all around!

It was a good weekend. I managed to make good progess on the t-shirt quilt. It's a lot of messing about, but I only have one more section to sew together. I got the left hand side sewn together.
and the lower right hand side is sewn together. The gray long strip above this section is just pinned to the design wall. It will not be sewn on until I get the upper right hand corner sewn. I am taking my time and making sure everything is laying nice and flat.  There are three sweatshirt pieces in this quilt too.  They are kind of heavy, but I have been seaming the heck out of the seams so they don't leave a lump at the seam area.  
I did do some yardwork. I finished up the shade flower bed. I had the far end to finish.
All done! It took 19 wheelbarrow loads of sweet peat to dress this entire bed. I ended up using some chunks of concrete to edge the far end along with a few rocks I pilfered from other areas of the yard.  That is some ornamental grass chunks I saved.  I had just stuck them in this bed in case I needed them.  This bed is where I will grow my zucchini, but there is a lot space that is going to need some plants!  
I decided to clean up under the pine trees too. I had put weed cloth and mulch on them years ago, but it was all overgrown. I pulled out the worst of the weeds, put a double layer of weed cloth down, then topped with sweet peat. I have one more planting bed to redo and then everything will be in good shape. Since the weather is going to be on the cool side for the next week I need to get it done. The good part is that it is located on the NE side of the house so it is in the shade in the late afternoon.
I have a new cross stitch project, but I found the vinyl project pouch I had made.  The bag I had used for the zebra piece was not big enough for the chart I was making so Sunday I made two more bags - one for the chart and fabric, and the other for the floss, scissors, and needles. The big one is 12x14 and the smaller one is 7x10
Here you can see the difference in size from the old one 
I have made progress on the 2010 quilt since the last time I posted a picture of it. I have been working on the top gold section. I only have two more rows of stitching and this section will be done.  Here is the before and after/current

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Cold and wet here today. You were wise to take advantage of the good weather over the weekend.

Kaja said...

You made good use of the weather and your garden looks great. I like how you edge your beds. I can't imagine quilting sweatshirt fabric - sounds really heavy duty.

Robbie said...

These T-shirt quilts remind me of being pregnant! Seems like that 'baby' will never come out! Seems like the T shirt quilt will never get done! HA...I have all five strips sewn now to add border and start the quilting on each strip then QAYG method to join the strips! A long way to go and a short time to get there! Graduation is the 3rd week in May! Yikes!

Vicki W said...

You did have a great weekend!