Thursday, April 22, 2021

Quilt backing ordered, the sampler, and another dusting

I got together yesterday with the lady that has commissioned the t-shirt quilt to pick out a backing fabric. She decided on this cute light gray fabric. I think it will look great on the back. It has been ordered and will probably arrive late next week so there was no big rush to get the top finished last night. I will get it done over my long three day weekend. Yes, I am taking a vacation day tomorrow.
I ran a couple of errands after work, threw the chicken and broth back on the stove to heat the chicken up so I could shred it, and worked on the sampler. I cross stitched a lot in the late 80's and early 90's, but just stopped. I am really enjoying it and I am finding it very additive! Here is where I left off yesterday and where I am now. (I do this so you don't have to go back and look at yesterday's post to see how far I had gotten. This is a full service blog! LOL!!)
We got a dusting last night of more snow; I think this is the end of it until next winter. The high is predicted to be 46 today and 61 tomorrow. I just hope the freezing temps over the last two days didn't do any damage.
For my big three day weekend I plan on sewing together the t-shirt quilt top and get it trimmed so it will be ready when the backing arrives, work in the Lenten Rose bed, get the sweet peat pile moved to the backyard for storage, work on the sampler, and maybe get some quilting done on the black and white quilt. Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

You are wonder women lol.

Kathy S. said...

LOL. Thank you for having a full-service blog. You have been quite busy. Lovely backing fabric picked. I too hope this is the last of the snow until winter.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I remember how addictive the cross stitching was. I did a lot of it in the 1980s and still have a bunch of cross stitch books and pamphlets from that era. I'm not sure what I'm keeping them for.

swooze said...

Great progress on all fronts!

Kaja said...

Enjoy your weekend, it sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy!