Friday, January 31, 2020

Going to be busy

This weekend is going to be crazy busy. Saturday I have a father and son duo of plumbers coming to resolve all the annoying quirks I have with my plumbing. Much has to do with my drain lines that have been creatively piped over the years by different family members and friends. Since I will be selling the house whenever I retire, it is a good time to invest and get all the issues I have fixed. Right now I don't have any problems with the way things function, but if a family would buy the place (it's a four bedroom house) problems will occur. I have a hose bib that I can't use so it will be replaced, the bathtub faucet isn't installed correctly, my master bath sinks don't drain correctly, and the kitchen sink drain line doesn't have a vent on it for starters. I also need a new hot water heater. The one I have now works fine for me, BUT it is more than 17 years old and the plumbers both laughed when they recognized how old it was. The are going to do all the other stuff first and then come back another time to do the water heater.

I would like to get the t-shirt quilt pin basted this weekend. The backing has been washed and is waiting for me to iron it.

I would also like to have a few minutes to try out my new Le Creuset pan. The first thing I am going to try is eggs. Eggs stick horribly to my stainless steel fry pan so I am hoping with the enamel finish on this pan the eggs won't stick. I laid a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper in the pan so you could get a sense of the size. I have never owned a piece of Le Creuset so I am interested in how it performs and if it lives up to all the hype.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm glad you have a reliable plumber. It took about 10 years but I have finally found one that I trust here.

Terri Lyn said...

I want to know about the eggs.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

My water heater is 13 years old and they told me when they put it in that it would probably need to be replaced in 10 years. My last one was 15 years old when I replaced it.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

terry has always done our plumbing. He used to be an apartment complex maintenance manager. But when I bought a new faucet in the kitchen....one of those really cool industrial type pull the faucet out to use the sprayer... I just called my favorite plumber. I said to Terry when the plumber left with $125, There, Wasn't That Easy! It's the way to go from now on! It's good to be busy, especially when it involves sewing.
xx, Carol