Monday, January 20, 2020

Productive weekend

I did pretty good this weekend getting stuff done. I got all the t-shirts for the commission quilt cut, interfaced, and arranged on the design wall. The basketball jersey and the polyester scarf might present some challenges when I go to quilt this.

I did get that blue and white checkboard scrap quilt top pieced so I could use the design wall for the t-shirt quilt.

Saturday I had clean the snow off my satellite disk because it was blocking the signal. Since I was out there I went ahead and attacked the snow. We got 4" and it was as very wet snow. It was like shoveling concrete. While I was shoveling it was pouring rain. If the rain would stop and with dropping temps, I was afraid the driveway could end up a real mess.

I went to do a bit of grocery shopping and bought a whole loin of beef. It was on sale and I had a gift card. The butcher cut it up for me and handed me a small package of the trimmings that they had ground. It was enough ground beef to make two good sized burgers. I cooked them in the air fryer and they were delicious! I put them on the top rack and turned them once. They were juicy too. I had cut this one to see if it was done enough. I think I cooked them about 15 minutes since they were thick burgers.

6 comments:

Ann said...

I remember shoveling snow and don't miss it one bit even though playing in the snow was always fun.

barbara woods said...

looks good , haven't tried cooking burgers in ours yet

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

There are lots of lighter colors in these t-shirts. Lots of bright colors too...a real contrast with the Harley quilts.

We had that same problem with the snow and then rain and freezing. The weatherman had warned we should clean the snow off before the freezing rain started or we would have a total ice coated driveway.

Vicki W said...

That was a productive weekend!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Someone posted a T-shirt quilt on FB that was so darned pretty. They had cut the shirts in various sizes and surrounded each one with patchwork. I'm pretty sure I have a stash of tees somewhere. Maybe it will turn up while I'm sorting stuff for the move.

I have been trying to keep Terry inside with this crazy weather. With a break in the weather pattern he did go out and plow the driveway. (He has a Wheelhorse with a snowblade.) It was a good thing because when the temp dropped he would have had a mess. The last time we left the house was last Thursday and don't have to go out again until this Thursday. Retirement perk!
xx, Carol

Kaja said...

T-shirt quilts - yay!!!