Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Blast from the past

My one brother was coming into town last night so I needed to go dust and vacuum his house a bit. I went right after work to his house. After getting the downstairs done, I then discovered I had forgotten his sheets that I had washed and were sitting on the shelf in my laundry room. I had to drive home and then drive back to his house so I could make up the bed. This picture is one of the pillows he had me make years ago when he was redecorating his bedroom. He gets to stay in some high-end hotels with his job, so thus lots of pillows to get that high-end look.

It was years ago that I also helped him hang grasscloth on this room and the other bedroom. That was definitely a learning experience. I had hung wallpaper, but not grasscloth. It is a different animal for sure, but looked so good when it was done.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

My Mom used to hang wallpaper and I remember her comments about grass cloth. They weren't kind!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Grasscloth! How long ago was THAT! I hate wall paper. When we moved here every room had wall paper...some more than one layer. I spent a lot of time removing it and painting. Wall paper and those walls painted with sand in the paint had to be the worst decorating ideas EVER. Those pillows are real pretty though.
xx, Carol

Kaja said...

I've never hung grass cloth and from your post I'm guessing I don't ever want to. Mostly I just paint. But your brother's room does look very swanky.