Thursday, January 2, 2020

1st and 2nd finish for 2020

My friend and I were still sewing on New Years Day and I finished baby quilt number 9 and 10 so they are my 1st and 2nd finishes for 2020.

The lap sized quilt and one of the baby quilts are already earmarked for someone. My brother will be seeing the fellow at the end of the month so I need to get the labels on these two plus one more quilt that is not in this stack. My brother will be in town next week so I am hoping I can hand the quilts over and not have to mail them.

My goal this year is to try and make a dent in my scrap hoard,
and keep my fabric buying to a minimum. I did have to buy some fabric for the back of the t-shirt quilt I have been commissioned to make. I bought 7 yards of the blue and instead of paying shipping I got 4 yards of the gray.
My spreadsheet shows my stash increased by 202 yards including the 50 yards I ended up from my friend and I used 149.5 yards for the 23 finishes and several lap sized tops I sent to Vicki. I need to try harder this year and reduce my stash.

I ended up with 38 empty spools for the year.

In the last 10 years I have made 173 quilts of all sizes.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love that you keep your empty spools. That photo say a lot! So does that photo of scraps. That a lot of scraps!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Seeing all of the scraps in one place is kind of intimidating. Sorting them might be a fun time though.

Congratulations on the first 2 finishes of the year already