Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Ready to sew

I have the second scrap quilt top ready to sew. I will probably bind it in a bright color - maybe orange, red, or yellow - to add a bit more pizzazz to it.

I had taped the Golden Globes and speed watched them last night. I have never seen so many unflattering, ugly dresses in one award show with weird sleeves being a theme along with plunging necklines that did not do a thing for the person wearing them. Then some of the colors! There were several green dresses, an orange one, and that brown one Gwenyth Paltrow had on made me scratch my head. Besides being brown it was tacky. I thought the best dress was Renee Zellweger. The color was beautiful, the style simple and classic, and she looked fabulous in it. The Grammy awards are next and that is where you expect some crazy outfits.

3 comments:

Ann said...

A bright binding will pump this baby quilt up. I haven't watched or read about the GG. I don't like most of their outfits anymore. Oh, well. That won't make them cry.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Green with a twinge of yellow would look good for a binding too.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We never watch the award shows anymore. Some of the outfits celebrities wear anymore are just bizarre. And why does everyone want to look naked with sheer dresses covering them. Showing my age, huh! I'll like to see what you select to bind this quilt.
xx, Carol