Friday, January 10, 2020

My new iron

On Wednesday my new iron showed up! That was fast and now I am back in business!
I spent all day Thursday at my brother's house helping him pack. He made me wrap all his vintage and expensive glass he has collected over the years. To say the least I used a lot of bubble wrap! When I got back to my house there were two boxes at the front door which puzzled me. I hadn't ordered anything. Guess what? One box was another iron!
Isn't that crazy? Now I will have a spare which is fine by me. Both of them came from the same place too. The other box was a bit heavy

In the box are Harley Davidson t-shirt for this years raffle quilt.
Looks like I might have to switch from working on scraps to t-shirt quilts. I have the commission one that has to be done by May and now the Harley quilt which needs to be done about that same time. Since it takes me about two months to make one, I had better get started on those.

I love all your comments about the grasscloth. I have had my share of removing wallpaper and it is a real pain especially when it is on the ceiling or glued directly on drywall! My brother has seen grosscloth in one of his buddy's houses and liked the look of it. The grasscloth changed the look of the two rooms we installed it in and elevated the look more than I thought it would. It was a challenge to cut and a scissors was easier to use than a razor blade for fitting it in tight spots. I just hope I don't have to do it again!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

That iron is the best iron I've ever owned. How nice to have a spare!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I think Amazon should start sending ME stuff I didn't order, lol. Let me know how you like that iron. I think I'm going to need one soon.
Have a great weekend.
xx, Carol

Ann said...

Sometimes it's good to have projects with deadlines but it's always tough to put down the ones we are currently working on.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Was your iron a buy one get one free?