Sunday, January 12, 2020

Three days of packing

I have spent the last three days at my brother's helping him pack his house up. He has a buyer which is great that he didn't have to go thru a realtor. I am beyond exhausted. Yesterday we tackled the garage. Thank goodness he hired a couple college kids to help plus another brother and his family came over for a few hours to help out.

It was 67 degrees and it only sprinkled on us once. Since it was so warm my brother decided the college kids could help him with some yardwork. Pretty soon I had to run back to my house to get the pressure washer so we could clean up the driveway and sidewalks. By that time everyone else was gone and it was just the two of us. I finally got home at 4:45 and I was beat. We never even stopped to eat.

Meanwhile I now have to find the energy to get stuff done at my place. I have a few dishes, laundry, mail to deal with, and I have to cook something for lunches next week. Pretty much I was only home long enough the last three days to sleep. Yes, I am glad I will no longer have to take care of his house, but I can't even be joyful about that because of having to work so hard to help make it happen and I am so darn tired. It is going to be a long work week.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Packing up to move seems to be a never ending job when you get down to the miscellaneous stuff. I hope you get some good rest now.

barbara woods said...

Get as much rest as you can today

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, I hope the week gets off on a good foot. I'm so glad for you that you don't have to be a custodian to your brother's house any longer. I hope you spend that time relaxing and doing something you enjoy.
xx, Carol