Friday, January 17, 2020

All packed

I have two Pfaff 1475CD machines. Machine #2 is acting up and Machine #1 the spring broke that is attached to the integral walking foot. The foot just dangles now so I can't use the machine. I packed it up last night so I can ship it to my repair guy. I don't feel like driving three hours one way to get it fixed so I am shipping it. I have a heavy, sturdy box that I saved from tools that were delivered to the chemical plant where I worked years ago. The box is the perfect sized and is now layered with tape from its many trips back and forth to my repair guy over the last 20 years.

Machine #2 is working, but is doing some strange things like continuing to sew after I take my foot off the foot pedal, the control panel doesn't light up correctly sometimes, and the presser foot doesn't quite sit on the feet dogs like it should. I am hoping that it will work until I get Machine #1 back. I got a quote for Machine #2 and replacing the mother and control boards, plus a cleaning (which I know it could use!) would be over $500. Throw in shipping and the possibility of something else that needs repair and I don't think it is worth putting that much money into this machine. I got this one off of ebay for a negotiated reduced amount and had to have it repaired because the seller did not pack it well at all and it arrived damaged. I had to file a claim and the ebay buyer protection people really came thru for me. I may sell it for parts. I love my machine and don't want to even look at a new machine.

This weekend I am staying home except for maybe a trip to the grocery store. After the last couple weekends filled with activities, I just want a couple days to myself. I am going to hunker down, catch up on Project Runway, and sew! Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Have a glorious weekend alone!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I was told there weren't any of the electronic boards available any more. I suppose a dealer could still have one in stock but there is no place for them to order them. My 7550, next model up from yours has a lot of blinking and clicking before it finally has the correct screen and will sew. It has been doing that for about 3 years so I am thankful the board hasn't completely died yet.

Ann said...

It's tough to get repairs when living so far from the repair shop. That box is a good solution. Your story is part of the reason I don't want to buy machines online.

Kaja said...

Enjoy your peaceful weekend!