Monday, February 3, 2020

Sewing, cleaning, and plumbing

It was one busy weekend! First the sewing which was last on the things I accomplished this weekend. I got the t-shirt top trimmed
the batting cut and the backing sewn together. I got started on pressing the backing, but it was getting late last night so I stopped.

Earlier I had dug thru my red and yellow scraps to find pieces big enough to use for making more hourglass blocks for the AHIQ challenge for this quarter. I didn't have many red scraps that would work so I had to cut yardage. I did find a lot of yellow scraps big enough though which fits with my goal this year of trying to use up as many of my scraps as I can. I have the pieces matched up and ready to turn into hourglass blocks.

I was up early Saturday to get ready for the father and son plumbers. Since I plan on selling my house when I retire I want to make sure that all systems are in tip top shape. I have some annoying issues with my plumbing that need to be fixed. Here is a shot of the area where the majority of the plumbing is located. I missed getting the drain lines top of the wall in the picture where the sink drain line is located. It was incorrectly sloped and hung down way below the ceiling.
Here is the after - much neater. They redid the drain lines for the kitchen sink, the upstairs bathroom sinks, and the laundry tub. The upstairs bathroom sinks didn't drain correctly. There was a galvanized drain pipe that they removed because is was corroded and plugged up. The kitchen drain line was also very close to being plugged.

Under the kitchen sink before
and after. They added a vent which will help the sink drain better.

I couldn't use my hose bib in the front. I had to use a pliers to get it to stop dripping and ended up mangling the handle so I hadn't use it for years.
In order to get to it they had to cut a hole in the studio wall.
I already had an access panel so that now covers up the hole and gives access in case the hose bib ever needs replaced again. In this picture only the access panel frame is shown.
The new hose bib
I have a markerboard that I keep my to do lists
and it feels good to cross some of the plumbing items off the list
Right now the plumbers as scheduled to come back on Saturday to finish fixing the tub faucet and reset the toilet which is loose. I am not sure when they will be changing out the water heater. It will be wonderful to have all the plumbing in 100% tip top shape!

I am still fighting this cold, but it's getting better. I didn't get a change to cook much including trying out my new Le Creuset pan by making eggs. I will have to have eggs for dinner one night this week.

5 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Wow you got a lot accomplished... good for you. Where are you moving after retirement?

Vicki W said...

That's a pretty successful weekend! How soon will you get to retire? Will you move away?

barbara woods said...

haven't used my air fryer again either

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like the plumbers had a great day and got lots done. There is nothing worse than slow drains and I had 2 fixed last year.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

There is always so much to do in repairs when you think of selling your home. I think plumbers and electricians would have a heyday at MY house.
xx, Carol