Wednesday, January 15, 2020

2003 Christmas quilt

Years ago our Mom started a raffle at Christmas. All the sibling's names would be put in a tin and every 15 minutes when a timer would go off a name was drawn. The name pulled was a loser and had to pick from a pile of loser gifts. The loser gifts were pretty good! Mom loved to shop at Sam's Club at Christmas and pick out gift sets, gift baskets, or special packaged items for gift giving for the loser prizes. The last name in the tin was the winner.

As I was helping my brother pack up his house for his big move, out of the closet came the quilts. One of those quilts was the 2003 Christmas quilt. Mom had passed away I think in 2001 (yes, it is terrible that I'm not sure of the year) so I took over making the Christmas quilt trying to use either her leftover tops, orphan blocks or stash for the Christmas quilt. For the 2003 quilt I made some crazy quilt blocks from Mom's stash.

I had forgotten this quilt so it was nice to see it again.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Cool!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's always fun to revisit an older quilt we have made.