Friday, January 3, 2020

Where do I start?

With bins and bins of scraps, where do I start? The more I thought about it I came to the conclusion "this is not rocket science". I am not out to do anything revolutionary; I just need to turn these scraps into decent, usable, and hopefully cute quilts. I can see a lot of checkerboard, 4 patch, 9 patch, or 16 patch quilts. Making a lot of blocks and then playing with contrast and color will be the way I plan on approaching this. I just need to start and not get hung up on results.

These leftover bits and scraps were on top of one of the bins so that is where I am starting.

I think I will pair up the white and black strips with this pink and aqua fabric.

I have a lot of small yardage whites, off whites, and grays that will work the other colors.

I also pulled out these squares and strips I had cut from scraps over a year ago. The squares are 4.5", 3.5" and 2.5". The strips are mostly 2.5". Pairing these with white or off white should yield a lot of blocks.

I think this is enough to keep me busy this weekend! LOL!!

I did get another package from Amazon. It is an adapter. It doesn't fit anything I have.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

That sounds like a great plan!

barbara woods said...

be nice if they would send you a new car!

Ann said...

You wrote exactly what I've been thinking. It's time to deplete my scrap bag again. I waste lots of time trying to plan something unique but this is a good time to look back on the tried and true antique quilts that used leftovers. Good luck to us both.