Thursday, July 25, 2019

Sorting bits and pieces

I decided to tackle sorting the pile of African fabrics first. In the pile are 2 1/2" strips
3 1/2" strips

and 5 1/2" squares
that I had used to made these quarter log cabin blocks
I sorted thru the blocks and found that I had not trimmed all of them
after trimming
there were enough for a baby quilt which I got sewn together
there were enough blocks for another top which I laid out on the design wall
and blocks for part of a third quilt. I only need to make seven blocks to have enough for this third top.
With all the fabric leftover I plan on making 16 patch or 25 patch blocks pairing up a solid fabric with the prints. I have no idea how many baby quilts I will get out of these bits and pieces.

Peter is still in the green jersey. The 2019 TDF's last stage is Sunday.

I went out to water the squash and one of the plants is trying to escape the fencing!

I cut the fence so I could tuck it back in. I have a feeling I did not give the plants enough room. They are growing like crazy!

At work we are getting ready to turn over another space to the owner. This space is called Central Sterile and it is where they clean stuff - carts, linens, and I am not sure I want to know what else if you know what I mean. There is protective covering on the stainless steel wall covering right now and the wall need another coat of paint. Final inspections are scheduled for electrical, fire alarm, plumbing, and HVAC so we are getting close to being able to drop pads (that is installing the ceiling tiles in the grid) so all the new equipment can be installed by the Owner's contractor.

The other day my brother sent me a picture of Basil on his quilt
I guess he must like it!

5 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Sweet picture of the dog on quilt.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is the nature of squash and other vine type plants, they like to roam.

You have enough of the African fabric blocks to make a nice size adult throw quilt.

Vicki W said...

Those are going to be great baby quilts!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I was thinking I would have cut the runner...or pushed it back through the fence. I'm pretty sure I would not have thought to cut the fence. the pooch looks so serene on his quilt. I have three dogs and they think their bed is meant to tear up when we are not home. Destructive little devil. Not plural because I'm pretty sure only one Devil Dog is the culprit, lol.
xx, Carol

Kaja said...

I like wax prints anyway but I really, really like how they look all put together in your blocks. I want to try that.