Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Number 5 underway

While watching the TDF I pin basted baby quilt number 5, wound bobbins, and got a little bit quilted.

I don't have enough of that variegated thread I used on quilts 1 thru 4 to quilt another baby quilt

but Vicki had sent me this partial cone so I will be using it. I saved the quilt top that had the most yellow in it for this thread and it looks wonderful! In the picture the thread looks yellow and gray, but it is yellow, orange, green and a touch of purple.

Peter is still in green and finished 5th on Stage 10. The lead out train he was following was a bit late in having the lead out bikes peel off and so the rest of the sprinters started their kick for the line. By the time Peter started his sprint to the finish there was a lot of traffic and he got blocked in. He is still in the green jersey.

I had to go out and water the squash and look how they have grown! The first picture is from July 1.
I think the first squash is forming. I have never grown squash before so I am not 100% sure. I just know this doesn't look like a blossom.
Whem I was taking these pictures I went to steady my arm against that wood fence and didn't notice that there was a wasp right where I put my forearm. Glory did that hurt when it stung me! After a few choice words, I watered the squash and ran some water on my forearm. It swelled a little bit and I put a cold pack on it when I went to bed. It is fine now and I can't even tell I got stung.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm so glad that you are using all that thread!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Oh, those stings do hurt. My most recent sting was yellowjackets and they come in a swarm to sting.

Kaja said...

That's the fruit alright. Not much hurts more at the time than a wasp sting.